Monday, February 20, 2012

Daddy Daycare

I have been alone with Sofia many mornings and when Michelle is on a jog or at the grocery, but I have yet to baby sit for a long period of time.  Not that I was nervous to do so, but the need has yet to arise.  Saturday, Michelle had a baby shower, so Daddy was on duty.  When I envision babysitting, I picture Disney movies (partly because I love them) sweets and basically causing havoc throughout the house.  With it being your own and with Sofia not really doing a lot yet, none of the "Daddy Daycare" moments transpired.  What did happen though was hours of quality time with my daughter.  We did "tummy time" until her frustration rose to crying.  I filmed her dancing to "Shake your booty" a daddy song which is completely innocent and has only one refrain "Shake your Booty." Then we cuddled on the couch until she fell asleep.  Sounds like a lot of fun and a long process but all this fun took about 15 minutes.  So with mommy not coming back for another 2:45 minutes (she was due back after 3 hours), what were we to do?  I'll tell you what we did... nothing! You know you truly love someone when you can sit in complete silence and be happy.  Well although or relationship is a little one sided right now, every minute that passed by was amazing, to have my daughter be... with her Daddy!  - Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment