Wednesday, February 15, 2012

magic number 5

Thinking back over my exercise routine while pregnant and now post pregnancy, the number 5 keeps coming up. I typically ran 5 miles throughout the pregnancy, until the last few weeks where I was only able to do 3-4 miles. I had my first run post Sofia at the 5 week mark. (I was shocked that my doctor released me to exercise at my 4 week check up following a C-section, but was delighted none the less.) And now Sofia is almost 10 weeks and since my first run 5 weeks ago, I am back up to 5 miles! Its amazing how quickly your body remembers and bounces back. Those first 2 weeks were very slow and I felt so out of shape, but as the weight continues to fall off, and my pace and mileage increase, it just feels right.

Justin and I have decided to run a mini marathon on April 15th, so we have just started training for that. Splurging on the BOB stroller was the best thing we could have done. It has easily logged 50 miles already. There are very few days during the week where Justin and I are able to run together, but when we get the chance we always take it! Last night was our first run as a family of 3. I loved every second of it, no Ipods, a happy/sleeping baby and great conversation as we ran in 60 degree weather in February! I am looking forward to many more of these moments.


On a completely different note, Sofia turned 2 months last week! She is changing so much everyday. It feels like everytime I blink, she is doing something new or making some sort of new sound. Justin and I can't get enough of her noises and at least once a day I record her sounds and send them to Justin. That proud daddy then proceeds to share them with all of the women in his office. One of his employees told me that he will go up to her when she seems upset/frustrated and will say, "your in a bad mood, hold on I have something for you", and proceed to play Sofia's sounds for her! Too much. Yesterday for Valentines Day, Sofia and I surprised daddy at work. It was the first time I have taken her up there and he was so excited to show her off. We had the best time and have decided to make this a weekly thing!









No comments:

Post a Comment