Wednesday, July 25, 2012


               I just wanted to share some special moments with my sweet Sofia.  I could write about every second with her because I cherish them all, but for whatever reason Tuesday, 7/24/12 was differently special. I usually get home from work with enough time to play for a minute, share in bath time and then put Sofia to bed.  Last night was the exception as I got home before 5.



            When I got home, I ran into Sofia's playroom, and immediately locked eyes with her.  When she recognized me she did her breaststroke kick, big, only gummed, smile and began to crawl to Daddy.  I always say, "I can't wait until she runs to daddy" well I can't imagine anything sweeter than her crawling to me like last night. 




Shortly following, me, Mommy and Sof, laid on the couch, no TV, no phones just the 3 of us, letting her play between mom and dad.  She would crawl on mom then change course and crawl to dad. Face-to-face, my daughter, with her angelic features, bites on my nose! I guess she is teething, but no matter what she did I was so tickled that I laughed uncontrollably as she used my nose as a nipple.  Another simple but oh so special moment of last night was our time on the swing.  We have a rope swing in our front yard and since Sofia was about 2 months old we would swing together in the evenings.  I don't know why but when we sit on the swing she immediately, almost instinctively reach for the rope.  She looks, recognizes and hold on tight without direction or instruction... Oh so sweet.

                             

            The last, but maybe the best, part of last night was after bath time (which is always my job), Sofia learned to kiss, or respond to one of ours.  I dance for her which forces an arm flailing reaction from Sof (I guess you would say her dancing).  What was different about tonight was that I would stop suddenly, say "Kisses" and then pop kiss Sofia on her mouth.  Her reaction to this was a calm pucker followed by a oh so subtle... kiss to her father.  I love every moment with her, and they are all similarly special.  I struggle with wanting to write, picture or video every second.  These particular events need no record because they will be in my memory forever! Thanks Sofia!
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment