Monday, April 9, 2012

The Joy of Grandparents

So, after many lectures from my husband about my need to blog and me coming up with a million plus excuses, I am going to attempt to get back in the swing of things. It is just amazing how fast and busy each and every day is and sitting down for any decent amount of time to blog just hasn't been on my radar. So here is catch up of our past month....
We had not one but both grandparents visit! Justin's parents came the first weekend of March.

They had not seen Sofia (except on Skype of course) since she was 3 days old! At 3 months, she was quite different and they absolutely loved every second of playing, holding, changing, bathing, rocking, etc. her.



We had an eventful yet relaxing weekend with adventures to Fort Worth, grandpa Jack helping with tons of yardwork, UK basketball and hanging at White Rock Lake. We loved every second of watching them love on Sofia, we are counting down until May when we head to Kentucky for the first time to meet all the Smith family (especially Sofia's bff Talen!)


Not a week later my parents were back! My mom has a very hard time staying away and has been trying to convice my daddy to get an apt here (with very little success). Mom and I have been plotting to get the little one here when she returns from Spain. Angie claims she is applying to schools in Dallas but between jetting off to Paris, Dublin, Milan, Athens, and Santorini, I have a feeling the real world of work is falling low on her to-do lists. Hopefully she will come to her senses soon and realize Dallas is her next stop :)

My rents were here for a full week yet it still didn't feel like enough time to me (although Justin may have been singing a different toon, he is all too patient and generous to allow the in-laws so much time with us.) We did lots of the same, eating delicious brunches out, watching more Kentucky basketball, white rock lake and enjoying my momma's delicious cooking!

2 comments: