Sunday, November 20, 2011

Daddy's thoughts on Sofia

So... Men nest too.  We don't have to have the house in order, all the "baby needs" baught or any of the other maternal nesting tasks.  What I have done is build, paint and assemble anything baby.  This I have truly enjoyed.  Believe it or not I have even enjoyed going to baby classes.  Last week I went to Daddy Boot Camp, which taught swaddling, diaper changes and burping, all the practical things that do not necessarily come instinctively.  At the start of the class there was a surprise, they brought in a 2 day old! The sight of that baby made me so overjoyed that I wept.  Not because of the presence of that child but the thought our child that is about to join this world.  It is amazing how much I love her! They say dad's don't feel connected until after the birth, well I feel a strong connection which means I am going to be in trouble when Sofia actually gets here.  Another aspect of this whole thing that has really humbled me is how amazing our Heavenly Father is.  There is tons of literature that illiustrates that most people do not understand the sacrifice of Jesus untill experieancing the love of  being a parent.  While I do agree with this, and hope it will take my faith to a deeper level, I truly feel the miracle of child birth should also make nonbelievers understand that God is real and he loves us and created us in his image. Bottom line, these last nine months have made me not only love my wife more for how gracefully and beautifully she has handled this but it has also made me appreciate who truly deserves thanks for our looming daughter, God.  As you may tell I have grown to be more emotional, who knows what well happen after Sofie B is born.  Neadless to say... I cannot wait for that moment! We love you all! - Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment